Frequently Asked Questions
For Corporations and Individuals
1. HOW ARE TEACHERS SELECTED?
Teachers are selected based on the band index of their school, geographical location, motivation, level of need and ability to articulate the problem/solution statement on our application form.
2. HOW DO I KNOW THAT THE CARE PACKAGE I GIVE WILL IMPACT THE SCHOOL?
Our care packages are carefully designed by our Programme team based on the data and surveys we have collected from our work at 100% Project to provide the most impactful results at the start of the school year. Each care package is supplemented with a BIG GIVE Teacher's Guide that will provide recommended activities and lesson plans.
3. WILL MY CONTRIBUTION BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
As 100% Project is a social enterprise and not a charitable organisation, your contribution will not be treated as a donation to us - we merely hold your funds in trust for our beneficiaries so we therefore cannot offer tax exemption. However, if you are a company, we can issue you a receipt for subscribing to our services which you can treat as a deductible advertising expense.
4. WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE?
The payment methods available are Credit Card, Online Banking, Cheque or Direct Bank Transfer.
5. WHEN WILL THE CARE PACKAGES BE DELIVERED?
The care packages will be delivered before 1st quarter of 2018.
6. WILL I KNOW WHICH SCHOOL RECEIVED MY CARE PACKAGES?
Yes. All contributors and BIG GIVERs will be notified of the teacher that received their care package along with a thank you note from the teacher.
7. WILL I GET TO CONTACT THE SCHOOL?
Yes. If you would like to contact the school, let us know and we will connect you!
8. CAN I PUT ADDITIONAL ITEMS IN THE CARE PACAKGE?
No. All care packages are standardised and will not include additional items. However, if you would like to give additional items to the school, you can reach out to our Programme team at [email protected].
1. WHO CAN APPLY FOR A CARE PACKAGE?
All applications must be submitted by teachers. The campaign is only open to primary and secondary schools under the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
2. HOW DO I APPLY FOR A CARE PACAKGE?
Sorry applications are not open yet, but we’ll be sure to update this once it’s live. If you have any further enquiries, you can contact us at [email protected]
3. HOW MANY CARE PACKAGES CAN I APPLY FOR?
You may only apply for one care package.
4. CAN MORE THAN ONE TEACHER IN A SCHOOL APPLY?
5. WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY CARE PACKAGE?
You will receive the care package before 1st quarter of 2018.
6. DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR MY CARE PACKAGE?
No, you don’t. If your application is successful, we will deliver the package to your school.
7. WHAT IF DELIVERY TO MY SCHOOL AREA IS A CONCERN?
There is a section on the application form (will open soon) for you to indicate this. We will make sure to be in touch with you!
8. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO DO?
No. Filling out the application form is the only requirement.
9. AM I GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A BIG GIVE AFTER I APPLY?
No. The BIG GIVE only awards the most deserving teachers with our care packages. This means that you will need to ensure that your application form is complete and that you really need the care package you apply for.
10. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER I'VE RECEIVED MY BIG GIVE?
You will need to snap a picture of your BIG GIVE upload it on your social media channels with the #mybiggive with a shout out to your pledger! You will also need to prepare a personal thank you note to be sent to your BIG GIVER.